Monday 6 June 2016

...Plan C

On Saturday morning I planned to do Temple Newsam Parkrun with my friend Maria. It would have been my 48th Parkrun… so close to number 50! I planned to meet Maria there at 8.45am on Saturday morning. When I got there, I realised that it was the Race for Life so Parkrun had been cancelled (the one time I don’t keep an eye on social media!) I rang Maria and we agreed a plan B - to just go for a run - so we met at my house (not far from Temple Newsam). Then we decided really last minute to share a car and try and get to a different Parkrun. At 9am we were still a couple of miles away from the Parkrun we were aiming for so we decided on a Plan C. Maria used google maps to find a random park and we ended up at Chapeltown at Potternewton park.
It isn’t a very big park and neither of us had any technology to record it so we don’t know how far we ran. After a few minutes we found some gym equipment and had quite a giggle whilst realising I have no upper body strength and Maria has lots!
We then went running again (a little sprint to the nearest park bench – up a hill too!) until we found another piece of equipment. This called for another stop and photo opportunity. This was the pattern for the next 15 minutes (with fast bursts of running in between). After we were safe in the knowledge we’d tried all the equipment and had taken sufficient photos to remember our trip we ran round the park all the way without stopping.  
Maria and me
 
I’ve no idea how far we ran but I do know it was a lot of fun! Initially I was disappointed when I realised Parkrun was cancelled…but sometimes the unexpected runs make for the most memorable :) xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment